- God spoke to Himself, the trinity: Make man in our image and likeness
- Rule over the fish, birds, livestock wild animals, all creatures
- God create us male and female
- God blessed us and spoke to us – fill earth and subdue it,
- God gave us rule over every living creature
11. a. Increase in number, fill and subdue earth, rule over living creatures, all plants with seeds for food (bummed about navel oranges and seedless watermelons)
b. bible, church, teachers, knowledge, love of family, food, shelter, and so much more at every level
12. We are made in God’s image, made to rule (as He is sovereign) God knows everything about us, even while we are still in the womb, even all the days of our lives. God made all the nations, all boundaries and appointed all times of history so that… we would seek Him and reach out for Him and find Him. We are His offspring.
My Daily Journal
Again I am drawn back to the “in” word. We are made in God’s image. Not like God’s image, not from His image, not a representation of His image, but IN the image of God. We are also made unto this world. Interesting then that the two commands we are given are to (1) be fruitful and increase in number – the same command given to the other living creatures of this world and (2) to rule over the other living creatures as is the nature of God in whose image we are made.
Continuing, it is all the more interesting that of those two commands, we did pretty good at the first one, and failed at the second – we allowed the temptation presented by the earth to rule over us. In Adam and Eve’s desire to be “like God” they gave up the sovereignty that had been a gift given exclusively to them which made them the most like God.
And, to save us from that fall (and what a fitting word that is once you think about it), God’s Son had to step down, becoming lower than the angels, to lift us back up into the position we were originally created into, the offspring (the family) of the King of Kings.