a. The heavens and the earth: Mass, matter, dark matter, and all the physical building blocks and laws.
b. Out of nothing. created not repeated again until 21 when he creates living animals
- He was with God, was God, through Him all things were made, nothing has been made without Him
- Firstborn, in him all things were created, He is before all, in him all held together
- All treasures of wisdom and knowledge hidden in Him
- In Christ the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form
- Radiance of God’s glory, exact representation of His being, sustaining all by his word, at right hand of Father
My Daily Journal:
Today’s lesson is a reminder of the immutable (unchanging) nature of God. We grow and mature, I grow and mature, but God, who is perfect, has no room or need for growth and maturity or change of any kind. The God that we know through the love and sacrifice of Jesus Christ, the man who walked on the earth, ate, drank, breathed, suffered, died and raised Himself from the dead of His own power, is the exact same God in every way that created the heavens and the earth. This does not mean God is inanimate or somehow frozen is a fixed state. This is the wrong understanding of unchanging. God is alive. He not only acts, but He reacts to the cries and desires of His people. But don’t mistake, the God of the old testament and the God of the new testament are the exact same in every visible and invisible way.